Saturday 28 March 2015

Find your Tribe: The Hat Box

I left the dog-of-the-year at home and quietly slipped out to a special event this week.
The Hat Box's Winter Launch.
With all its finery: wool felt, silk and feathers.
Headpieces and hats.
 I can honestly never say I have been disappointed by a Hat Box 'do.
This week's Winter Launch was no exception.
Held at the The Emporium Hotel's cocktail bar.
It was truly lovely.
Here's Dale, The Hat Box's proprietor and doyenne of millinery style,  looking the goods in white lace.
 If The Hat Box was a club; I would be happy to be a member.
 I have found my tribe.

 Rich, poor, married, single, children, no-children, workers in-the-home or other.
Young, old, short or tall.
Don't under-estimate any of us.
You must differentiate.
The are no hollow stereotypes here.
 And, we are are somewhat fierce looking.
Yet, very kind.
 And, that's the way I like it.
 We enjoyed at bit of this. 
 A bit of that.

Popped on all sorts of frippery.
 Watched the Show.
Thirty pieces worn by the loveliest models.
Who brought their personalities on to the catwalk showcasing
feathered and felt finery.
 I was chuffed to see my Chanel inspired fleur, lace and coque feathered headpiece out for a viewing.
The promptly purchased by a kindred spirit.
Thank you, Lovely.
The piece came up a treat; even if I must say so myself.


Stunning orange blocked felt with sculpted feathers.
Don't even start me on the green boater.
Love.
 I gilded the lily and wore an embroidered lace number.
My old black sling-backs from a decade ago.
I know, shop in your own wardrobe is good advice.
A matched Flora carnation trimmed headband.
 I might need to be stopped from buying this pink felt top hat, as below.
What are we thinking?
J'adore.



 Stay enthused and kind to your tribe.
It's nice.
I am gearing up for a bit of time away from the chalkface.
Holidays, hooray for Easter!
What have you got planned?
 
 


9 comments:

  1. And what a glam tribe they are.
    I luffed the emporium complex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cilla! I was hoping you would drop by! I know you love The Emporium. I will give you an invite for the Spring launch. :D xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so amazing, can I come next time! Hope you have a great time for easter, I don't have any plans but I'm going to enjoy not needing to get up early for 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imogen! Please do attend! ;D imagine the frock you would wear! I will be posting invites!
      Recharge over Easter. All of us workers need to! Xx

      Delete
  3. Sublime my lovely. Isn't the Emporium the BEST? I've had a soiree` or two there myself. All that complete overkill in the décor is like a salve to the soul in our minimalist society. Have you seen what they've done to the Hilton for pity's sake? May as well dine in a factory workshop, I tell you. Love the frippery. That Chanel inspired number of yours is neck and neck with the orange velvet for me. Have happy holidays from the chalk face. Well deserved I say. Your chalkface tribe are an undervalued lot, I reckon.....Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all burnt out shells at the chalkface ATM. Thank you for your ongoing support. I haven't seen the Hilton!!! Better check it out. The Emporium really do go all out. The floral displays alone blow others out of the water. It really is the pick for visitors if you want a gorgeous boutique hotel...with lots of great stores in the vicinity. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glam tribe indeed, everyone looked amazing! What a fun event...loved it!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete