Wednesday 10 December 2014

Kindness and a Beautiful Face

 I've had all sorts of things on.
I've had incoming correspondence for my Birthday.
That poodle card and its permutations has been addressed to me many times over.
I would be lying if I said I didn't love it.
Can't imagine why.
You might want to click away now if you are looking for what drew you
to me in the first place.
It's hardly here for the minute.
No fashioning floras, no time for such frippery.



 Sorry, people. I will resume normal transmission soon.
I've been to Cartier's festive soiree.
I'm telling you. Buy your ring there. You get a conscious-free diamond
and a life-time string of invites back for free nights out.

It is a treat. Just remember to behave.
 Cartier's little floral Christmas trees were lovely.



 I wore the aforementioned scarf around my tonsure.
I am determined to smash the cost per wear equation.

 Mr Fascinata has put up a semblance of Christmas spirit on the front patio.
 We've had a couple of al fresco'ish nibbles.

The tree's up.
 I've eaten through numerous cakes, cheese and other while
doing copious amounts of chalkface paperwork.
 We've taken the Frenchie to his Christmas get together.
Courtesy of the Queensland French Bulldog Club.
In the words of Oscar Wild, 'It's the only club that Mr Fascinata will be a part of that accepts him'.
 I've frocked up with feathers and a cocktail headpiece for a Birthday 'do.


 But, the most pressing news is the 'completely hand-sewn six years
in the making' Victorian era patchwork bed cover is almost complete!
Thank you to the chalkface's Teacher Aide, S.
S has the most beautiful face in the world.
Because she is so kind.

 Look at it!
I could hardly believe my eyes when she brought it back after a weekend.
In one whole piece!



 It is no longer many little hexagons.

 Here's the workers toiling away back in the olden days.
We are so thrilled to have it nearly finished.
We are grateful for.
Stay excited.
 


14 comments:

  1. Hello my dear friend,
    your post today is very exciting, you showed us so many precious objects and we love them!
    Many greeting from Germany
    Arno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Arno!!!
    How lovely to hear from you! I knew you would call my poodle 'precious' because you are, too. Can you believe he is 17 years old this December! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are the best people, aren't they?
    I always love a patchwork quilt.
    Stay glam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are. I have certainly given my heart to that dog to tear, as Rudyard would have said. Xx

      Delete
  4. I don't know where to look first Flora. Honestly. Is there nothing you can't do? Hexagonal patchwork....puh-leeeease! Love the frou-frou'd tree. Tres` Jolie! And dearest poodle, Frenchie, Fabbo Flora and Cartier Christmas? Mind officially blown. I have a poodle without the curly hair. He's called a whippet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I love those fine featured whippets! You are right about them being like poodle-like. Gorgeous things they are. What about my Teacher Aide snatching the pieces and spending three days joining them together!!! I love her.

      Delete
    2. Oh she is an angel in disguise for sure! As an aside, it seems we have almost identical Christmas trees. Mine is a little silver, vintage feather tinsel tree. The base looks the same as yours. Strange but true ;-)

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't mind going to one of these parties, they look quite marvellous. Your tree is gorgeous, loved that!! And both of you looked quite dashing...always so stunning my dear. I hope your week has been fantastic Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be marvellous at the soirée, dear Doll. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh......what an overload of gorgeousness!!! I didn't know where to look first.....Cartier, Hermes, Frippery, Champagne, Feathers, Victorian Quilts, Poodles, French Bulldogs!!!! I need to place an order!!! Lots of orders in fact! My peoples need to speak with your peoples!!!!! I mean it! Ciao, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, I know!! It was an overload. Definitely getting our PAs together to organise an event out!! X

      Delete
  7. You have been busy. Congrats on school finishing (was that today?)! Hope you get up to all kinds of frippery over the holidays x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear HIH, lovely to hear from you, hope you are doing ever so nicely. Yes, the chalkface shut its doors today for summer. In Public Education we are there until the last gasp. No early knock-offs. Xx

      Delete
  8. Flora, your life is fun-filled! I love it! I hope to step inside a Cartier store one day. They are the best. Their Christmas trees are too cute. I love your tree! It's pink and gorgeous. You and your husband always look fabulous and go to the best parties. Awesome post doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete