Saturday 24 March 2012

Akira's Romeo and Juliet

Recently, I was very naughty, and visited Akira Isogawa's boutique on Ann St, Fortitude Valley with my beautiful friend E. I placed on lay by this stunning grey tulle overlay style dress from Autumn Winter 2011 (check out the range). I was under E's influence (good),while she slipped on a silk Florence Broadhurst limited edition printed shift (greatly reduced - don't get too excited this was December, remember - the sale's over!) it gave me time to fall in love with a piece of Akira's mastery.

 To make myself feel less guilty about the impulse purchase (costing most of my real job's weekly wage!), I cut, dyed and stitched a corsage style neck piece for the garment (instead of buying the Akira option! Ha!). E's an absolute expert on all things she is passionate about: Akira and anything Japanese is one area. She's also beautiful. Akira's mad if he doesn't make her some sort of brand ambassador, forget the rest. We were served by the lovely Garth, who also sold me a piece of pure wool inked fabric, that I actioned a corsage from, an Akira corsage!

Did anyone see the Australian Ballet's Romeo and Juliet, Akira designed and produced the costumes. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment