Monday 26 August 2013

Who Would Have Thought?

 Frankly, I never would have thought that when I took this
selfie in front of mirror that this fantastic piece of Flora's frippery
would be ending up at the Mercedes Benz Brisbane Fashion Festival.
Parading this Wednesday night.
Full-scale frippery!
I'll give you an update, don't worry.
 It'll be included in a tribe of other Hat Box lovelies.
 
 I dreamt up the design after one of
the chalkface workers gave me a bunch of peonies for my birthday, even though I was
a party-pooper 
and had declined the forth-coming Birthday morning tea shenanigans, she sought
me out to give me a gift of flowers.
I know.
The kindness.
 Those forms and hues were lovely.
 I dyed up a batch of satin.
And started crafting.
  Not sure what the OOTD or night for the Fashion Festival evening will be.
I feel under-pressure.
Might trot out the Judith Leiber minaudiere Poodle.
 And drape that that hand-dyed Akira Isogawa mesh remnant around my neck, that
 I embellished a while back.

The rest will have to be basic black at this rate.
I might try and draw bit of inspiration from Karl.
I'm only shopping in my own wardrobe.
In other news:
I can't stop thinking about this Black Singer.
 
I am love.
 I got the tip-off from a junior worker, who said, 'Miss, stop, you really have to listen to me this time, there's
these special limited edition black Singer machines at Spotlight stores, on sale - you have to get one."
 And, get one, I did.
It's design is an ironic take on the old black enamel and steel machines.
A modern day equivalent of shiny black plastic with chrome features.
Electronic stitch selectors.
That free-arm detaches, don't worry.
It's got a huge storage space in it, too.
 

It'll never take the place of the 35 year old Bernina.
That never fully recovered after a long session of stitching a while back.
But it just might make- do.
 


6 comments:

  1. The Singer is stunning...have always wanted one of those. Am glad you got to go the party, sounds like a grand time :))) Gorgeous flowers, those are one of my favourites...am happy you received them :)) Have a stunning week my dear Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!! Congratulations!!!! Your work is so beautiful and you so deserve to be showcased at Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival> I LOVE the fascinator in both the pictures (first and third) stunning.. I so need to buy one of your works of art!!! Keep us posted with more pictures and the parade itself!
    best wishes
    Frances xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MA! I have certainly come in as a bit of rank outsider and I am so appreciative of the recognition and support from Dale Olsson who owns the most gorgeous hat boutique in the world(!) The Hat Box. Please try to visit next time you might need an accessory for Races, special events or weddings! You'll love it! Xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Seriously, how good is it? It's quite lightweight. Reduced at Spotlight for $399 ATM. Gift for G?

      Delete