Tuesday 17 December 2013

Chanel Packaging: Short Shrift

 If you've been paying attention, you'll notice an inordinate amount
of hoarded Chanel packaging, lying nonchalantly around the House of Flora.
I will confess, it is mostly cosmetics.
Funded by Mr Fascinata.
Under strict instruction: birthday and Christmas, thank you.
I am too old for surprises.
At point of purchase he demands double lengths of ribbon.
And two bags if he can get away with it.
My Chanel treatment at point of purchase usually includes, the staff at
David Jones saying they can't find the ribbon, the bags, nor the white CC paper.
I know.
The short shrift.
I've since put that point-of-sale frippery to good use.
I've fashioned a 2013 Christmas garland.
Here's the instructions:
Walk this way.
You need some help from nature.
 
 Stay alert.

 I like heading towards the city peoples' garden.
Northey Street City Farm.


 Near Breakfast Creek.
Pull up a chair.
Check the crab pots.
But, stay on task.






 Forage around. Pick up some lying leaf matter and sticks.
 
 Throw down a paper placemat and fashion a garland.
Use a bit of soft wire to hold in place.
If you want to you can paint the circle.
Relax, it doesn't need to be perfect.
 Frost over some native gumnuts.
Leaves, too.



 Scratch around and collect whatever you can.


 Assemble.
Use a glue gun to hold in place.
Be careful.
 Throw in a few balls.
Glitter, if it's your bent.





 Get crafty this festive season.
Make something out of nothing.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You might already do so, but you should take the troops there and show them the 'for rent' vege plots out the back. lLots of kale at the minute. Xx

      Delete
  2. That place you get things is wonderful, looks so peaceful :)) I love the wreath, it is stunning doll Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Daints, I love the way you say 'peaceful' , it is one of my favourite places. When my ancient House Muse poodle had a bad weekend about a year ago, due to an altercation with another hound; my fault. I cried all weekend, when Mr Fascinata asked what he could do? I said, 'I wanted to walk to Northey Street'.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work!!!
    ❊..(
    ✿.(,)
    ❊|::::|.☆¸.¤ª“˜¨
    ✿|::::|)/¸.¤ª“˜¨˜“¨
    ❊|::¸.¤ª“˜¨¨˜“¨
    ✿%¤ª“˜¨¨ᴳᴼᴼᴰ
    ❊#ª“˜¨ ᴺᴵᴳᴴᵀ﹗
    Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo 2014!!!
    Besos desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Chanel wreath Flora! You are so talented doll! Hope you had a marvelous Christmas. You touched my heart when you liked my tree. I enjoyed reading your comment. ((hug))
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete