Monday 26 November 2012

The Guild's Lovely Christmas Craft Fair

These name tags are a lot more exciting than the one I was issued at the chalkface.
If only.
They were just some of the creative wonders for sale at the Guild's Fair on Sunday.
Sorry, I've omitted the designers' details, but if you are interested in one, let me know.
But on the upside, we had a great time at the Guild's Fair.
Can't wait to share the news!
But for now blogger's photographic frippery is testing.
Blogger's giving me the pip and telling me which photos it wants to upload.....
So, this post might not be up-to-scratch.
Not my usual witty repartee.
But, I'll show gratitude for what I've been allowed.
Had a lovely time showcasing the Floras.
Here's some corsages. 
Meet up with I, who is a devotee of Flora's Frippery.
She made the woollen bunny I bought for the gift drawer a while back.
She also sported the most beautifully crafted flower embellished bag to carry home the bounty in.
And thank goodness, I had my niece K, in tow.
 
The crowd was constant, and people did as they were told,
they got in early, as advised.
How stunning are these two, Rambling Roses?
The Guild's Patron Ms Penelope Wensley made a lovely appearance.
Ms Wensley is the Governor of Queensland.
She was very generous with her time.
Here's her transport mode, conveniently parked.
Here's G's beaded and hand painted porcelain dolls.
They are nothing short of exquisite.
I want one.
Contact me, if you do!
 
 
My niece doodled up this brown paper bag with her own quote about
c-r-e-a-t-i-v-e-s....
I saw Mabel McAlister's book clutched under a few arms.
What a unique artisan she was.
I promise to tell you more about Mabel soon. She did lots of really unique subject matter
and ofter embraced the fashion and current decorating trends in her work.
She was quite revolutionary in her approaches.
  More lovely roses!
Talk about making-an-effort.
 
 How's your Christmas hunting going?
Have you started?
Should've gone to the Fair. You'd cover it.
More time for pre-Christmas frippery....
And, we are off to here, Montrachet tomorrow night!
Can't wait. It's been a while.
Lucky, I know.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment