Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday Double Stripes

 It rained all weekend.
Allowing time for lots of indoor organisation.
I'm wearing double stripes to the chalkface tomorrow,
I won't hear a bad word said.
 Kept working on the black silk and feint leopard headpiece.
 Added a few stamens.
 Placed it in-situ. So I can take a good hard look this week.
 Still enjoying the abstract.
Squint and you'll see it.
 In exciting news and as per the 'something to look forward to'
memo, Flora's off to Paris, in September.
I know.
 And to Venice and Austria.
Here's Brisbane artist Jennifer Long's backstreet Venice canal painting.
Way off the beaten track, not a crowd in sight.


 Spent a lot of time stitching petals today.

 And preparing the bodice for the workers, for Calico Capers.
Made up a sample.
 Will be showing how to gather and seam smoothly this week.


 I hope they remember to pack their patience.



 There's been very little exercise action 'round here.
My nod to saying no to everything in black
saw these arrive via Amazon this week.
I know, I am as shocked as you are.

 Stay dry.
And cabin fever free.
This one's getting crazy.
What's going on?
Have you remembered to write the Guild's Mothers Day Craft Fair
28 April 2013.
8am - 12 noon.
149 Brunswick Street
Fortitude Valley
Get-in-early. You've been warned.
in your diaries?
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love the stripes outfit!!!
    Wonderful their headdresses as always!
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete