Wednesday 23 May 2012

Some Shocking Images

I found some shocking images on the 'net. Who on earth would let their animal live like this?
Or wear this?
Coincidentally it's the State of Origin* football game in Melbourne tonight, and we've also got a French Bulldog.
This dog is sporting his own Queensland jersey.
For the benefit of those reading in Panama and Slovenia, here's the heads up about the State of Origin.
Australia comes to a standstill tonight.
Many people around the world must be wondering what all the fuss is all.
It’s the State of Origin rugby league.
This is not the same form of rugby you might know.
The rugby football ‘league’ began about 115 years ago as a breakaway league from the rugby football ‘union’.
The league contingent wanted money, while the rugby union camp wanted to keep things amateur.
And so began 100 years of hostility between the working class ‘leagies’ and the aristocratic ‘rugger buggers’.
Over the years numerous rule changes have resulted in two very different codes of football, still generally separated by the historic class barriers.
But regardless of your choice of code, the annual rugby-league State of Origin is close to the pinnacle.
Queensland versus New South Wales. It’s the most fiercely contested game of football on the Australian sporting calendar.
It’s more passionately supported by rabid fans at home than the right to bear arms in the USA.
Up until around 1980 games of league between Queensland and New South W ales were based on residency.
If you played club footy in Sydney, you played for NSW, regardless of where you came from.
In 1980, after years of predictable results of NSW teams full of Sydney-based Queenslanders outscoring the Queensland-based players, the idea of State of Origin was born.
Where you played your first senior footy was your state of origin.
Snce then, it has become one of the most brutal contests between football teams anywhere in the world.
www.theroar.com.au/.../remembering-the-origin-of-state-of-origin



I can't believe it, I'm making meat pies, and have even minced my own meat!
Shocking.
What is wrong with me.
I minced, then added a bit of red wine vinegar, black sauce, pepper and thyme, oregano and continental parsley.
Salt, just a little to taste.
Drew the line at the puff pastry from scratch. Saw that made once on Food Safari.
No way.

Here's Mr Fascinata, in a hurry, (mincing herbs for the pies), to get in front of the television.


Here's the pies, mid-bake. I'm also boiling green peas.
One a more civilised note, it's Library and Information Week.
I bought this bouquet and morning tea for the wonderful workers in the chalkface's Library.
They are wonderful people.
If you know a librarian, do something nice for them before Friday.
I love librarians, for their extreme efforts in organisation.
You really wouldn't want me running a library.


Does anyone have anything against artificial grass? I've talked Mr Fascinata into synthetic turf for a strip of yard, under the clothesline. I'm over the weeds, so is he, he pulls them.
Apparently there's peops in the posh western suburbs of Brisbane illegally turfing their footpaths!
You heard it hear first!
Shocking, but I don't blame them.
I found this picture for my vision board of what could be artificial grass decor.

Here's another distraction from the game.
How good are these little paper doll-like outfits, that one of the workers at the chalkface made?
She brought them in, just to show me!
I love them, purely for the frippery.
How creative and careful. They are quite small.
She sometimes makes them with her mother. I think that's lovely.
Wish I could play!
Make some paper dolls and frocks with yours this weekend!





Half-time.






No comments:

Post a Comment