Saturday 18 August 2012

Creative Spaces

Went over to my artist friend's place today. Starr's.
Our friendship was sealed over a hot glue gun and a button collection back in the day.
I knew I had found someone from my tribe.
Here's Starr enjoying a bit of photographic frippery ordered by me, after a night at one of her
Exhibitions at Tosari Galleries, Toowoomba, Queensland.
She loves it.
And hats.
Starr's hats could be her sartorial trademark.
She's also been a House Model for Flora.
Lovely thing.
She has a house and studio full of colour-and-wonder, with the artifacts of her
art all over the place. There in-situ.
The hallmarks of her creativity.
We started with some support for Aussie company's Darrel Lea chocolates'
business incomings for August, 2012.
And good coffee.
Then I fixated on what was around.
In the kitchen.

The spare room's sofa bed.
Wardrobe inspiration.

Remember this shot (below) executed at the House of Flora's?
Here's Starr on the end of her SLR.
Well, I spied the painting, ready for exhibit.
How great is it?
Perrier Jouet, a hand-painted bottle.
In her own indomitable style.
Here's more waiting in the wings for exhibiting.
Got into the studio, too.




A section of a pink ballerina.

Back in the lounge room.
Tea with Alice, perhaps?
Alice is a favourite and part of a great series of works, too.
Starr could well be the Mad Hatter.
And some poodle frippery.
I'd be lying to you if I said Starr didn't collect Barbies that were
 meaningful to her
and that she loves a good chandelier.
 And bird cages and little glittery birds, and ballet slippers and the ballet.

Stop by Starr's website and say hello.
Can't wait for her next Show.



5 comments:

  1. just awesome flora !!!!!!!!! my studio and house never looks so cool , sometimes i forget just how out there are quirky it really is .....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome lovely, what an inspiration you are and seriously can't wait for the November Show, it's looking marvellous so far! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi!
    Prazer em lhe conhecer!
    Meu nome é Mel, gostei muito do seu blog, já estou te seguindo!
    Conheça um pouco mais sobre mim no meu blog:
    wwww.melshitzu.blogspot.com
    Muitos beijos da Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melshitzu will stop by your blog very soon! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have performed a great job.
    I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.

    I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    My web blog :: address signs for front of house

    ReplyDelete