Friday 11 January 2013

Maxi Pearls and the 80s

It's been an ongoing creative frenzy here in the house of Flora. Yet I still have
time see Chanel's released maxi-pearls this season.
For Spring, 2013.

Remember once back a while, I was working as a make-up artist and stylist
and trying out for a new job.
The over-seer of my work described it as, 'Very 80s'.
Not in a good way.
Needless to say, I didn't get the gig.
Wonder if anyone would say this to Karl?
Mind you, don't think that I was unhappy to
see these maxi's hanging from a fixture in Adornments, the
lovely pre-loved store in Paddington, Brisbane.
You need to get in there, if you are in the zone.
$28, in lieu of $2800.
Thank you, very much. 
Stuck for ideas?
 Let's face it, nature has all the answers.
The House of Flora's blooming bromelaid.
 Bit like this turbanesque and floral number
I've currently in progress....
 Another bromelaid.
 One of those curly leaf, colourful croton plants.
Please note: the garden is no credit to Flora, despite the name.
It's Mr Fascinata's doings.
 I'll have to stop this frenzy soon.
That chalkface is beckoning with all sorts of
frippery to sort.
Would be wise to get ahead of myself.
Planning well ahead is the key.


Karl says, to get your 80s costume jewellery out for 2013.
Don't say you didn't know.


2 comments:

  1. Well, thank you. I'll only tell you that Mr Fascinata has dubbed it as a 'bathing cap'! Moi, too, I quite like it. looks fun on, great for over the top garden party or racing carnival! X

    ReplyDelete