Friday 27 April 2012

Glitter and Bagues!

Why, oh why, when I am meant to be doing something else, am I fixating on making a large, red, glitter rose? Here it is, in all its glittery glory, both in before and after images. I blame Queensland Ballet's Alice in Wonderland production, as soon as I saw the singing flower garden including a red glitter rose, I knew I had to make one!


Before, glitter petals.


After, glitter rose.

I've tried to turn my back on glitter. Truth is, I can't. And, I know glitter polarises the masses. But, what's not to love?

Speaking of before and after, your prior expectations of Hotel accommodation might be ruined, if indeed, you ever stay at the Hotel Bagues, on La Rambla, right in the middle of Barcelona's largest shopping and cultural areas.


The most attentive doorman.


View from the rooftop bar.


One of the 31 luxury appointed rooms.


Petit fours and a view across the way.


The brasserie decor, gorgeous pinched leather and Art Nouveau style fit outs, contrasting against modern designs.


Glitter stilettos, make a sparkling still-life above La Rambla.

This intimate boutique hotel houses a museum showcasing the beautiful modernist Art Nouveau
jewellery of Liuis Masriera.
The pieces are brilliantly exhibited under glass above the Bagues' brasserie.







Breathtaking works. I love the use of nature's gifts, so inspiring in this period of Art.

What have you seen lately, that you really enjoyed looking at? Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment